Wednesday 9 February 2022

making more places for.....

after much dithering, pondering, sampling and general prevarication i think i have found a way forward with the collected items

a recent course on Sculptural Pockets with Debbie Lyddon gave me much food for thought, as well as a yummy recipe for flapjacks – i was not particularly happy with the “pocket” i made during the class but left buzzing with ideas, some of which i have been experimenting with

my main block here has been the thought of making more objects to hold objects which i don't need – the items were collected in a sort of magpie manner because they caught my eye or said something about the place somehow – but i don't need them or more displays of things

but I do want to honour them in some way and show they have been valued and cherished

then suddenly today everything came together …....  wrapped in a pocket, the items can return to a different part of my place for someone else to find! this idea makes me so happy because it feels so right

and it can go a stage further, with a photo of each item in its new place and a mark on a map to keep on my blog as a record

i have already made a sample pocket

this shape is really accomodating, size is easily adjusted to fit the item


No comments:

Post a Comment

re-playced - 4

 a twig with lichen this replaycing marked a change of approach - i fell able to let go of my little treasures now, so i have stopped record...