Friday 8 January 2021

collecting thoughts 3 - principles

11TH Dec 2020 - listening to the other group members today helped me to distill my guidelines which remained vague even after a couple of weeks of reflection

explore

  • the routes i currently walk, several of which are new to me, others more familiar, all offer different potential for collecting

collect

  • occasional natural resources and found objects
  • images, textures, impressions, observations

record and express 

  • on paper, where & when relevant
  • later on fabric with my dyed yarns
  • digitally here and as photos 

materials: mostly what i have in stock already with some additional collected materials from my walks - use ecodyed fabrics and yarns from my stash - these draw on earlier learning and experience and form the foundation on which this project is based - they come from the place i have occupied for the past many years

 work towards making a variety of useful items which express and reflect "my place"  through the materials and imagery used -  until recently my environment has mostly been indoors in my home and the garden - so exploring my local enviroment and getting out of the house independently on a regular basis represents a new beginning for me - i want to use this course as a way towards recording it in a tangible way, sometimes as objects i can hold and use 

No comments:

Post a Comment

re-playced - 4

 a twig with lichen this replaycing marked a change of approach - i fell able to let go of my little treasures now, so i have stopped record...