Saturday 5 December 2020

session 1 tasks

collecting and storing are already an established habit so the focus for me will be working out my "manifesto" - wrong term as far as i'm concerned but the right one is elusive

for me it's the what, how, why and where - and i need to establish some rules and limits to encourage focus - one thing i have really accepted lately is that small achievable targets are much better for me so i need to bear that in mind

where this is the point of the course as it is about recording "my place" - at the moment i feel it is about my recent and new experience of exploring the area around my home - i have a rough idea of the geography, it's the area within which i take my daily walks, mostly without using the car - 

that's roughly it - i need to firm up the boundaries on the map, but i know where they are in my mind - the pink area is moot - it's the golf course which has only been available for part of the time and i relied on the car to get to the starting point of the walk 

i tend to stick to footpaths as rough ground is a bit risky due to dodgy balance - it's also rather wet and claggy at this time of year

basically an urban area with patches of nature in varying states

what is the stuff i find, collect and already have - i might collect physically, but also photographically and mentally as thoughts, ideas and images - also included is the parts of my stash which i feel appropriate by way of textile supplies

it is also what i aim to produce - while being process led i know i want to end up witha a useful product, something which has a purpose other than just decorative - so i think my aim will be small vessels or containers, like cloth pots and/or wraps for small items, books etc

to be continued

 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Eva, this does look really interesting, I shall really enjoy following your blog, and of course I won't pass it on.

    ReplyDelete

re-playced - 4

 a twig with lichen this replaycing marked a change of approach - i fell able to let go of my little treasures now, so i have stopped record...